CAUAJM_E_18498 Unable To Load Oracle client libraries
We have found the following to work in our test environments and provide it here as a courtesy. As always please check with your DBA before attempting to configure Oracle!
These instructions correct 2 different types of Oracle client load library issues:
- Where a system is being prepared, prior to installing an AutoSys Scheduler/Appserver
- Where the Autosys product was installed without 32bit library support, and then the oracle client was installed "post facto"
- Create a directory for the Oracle Instant client i.e. </home/autosys/oracli>
- Download and extract the oracle 32bit instant client into that directory
- Change perms/ownership, if necessary so that autosys owns or can, at the very least, use those client libraries
- While inside of /home/autosys/oracli create symbolic links for bin, lib, and libclntsh
Set the following variables in the autosys OS users profile - example is with /usr/bin/bash "bash shell"
- ln -s . bin
- ln -s . lib
- ln -s <libclntsh.so[sl].11.1> libclntsh.so[sl] # sub sl/so appropriately
Copy over the tnsnames.ora file from the <11.2 64-bit oracle home>/network/admin to $ORACLE_HOME (/home/autosys/oracli)
- export ORACLE_HOME=/home/autosys/oracle
- export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$ORACLE_HOME:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH
//c. export SHLIB_PATH=$ORACLE_HOME/lib:$SHLIB_PATH # applicable to HPUX
//c. export LIBPATH=$ORACLE_HOME/lib:$LIBPATH # applicable to AIX
- export PATH=$ORACLE_HOME/bin:$PATH
- export TNS_ADMIN=$ORACLE_HOME
Optional download the sqlplus (32-bit) binary from the same site where oracle s instant client was downloaded and place it within
$ORACLE_HOME - this comes in handy for doing native troubleshooting, but is not necessary.
Perform your autosys install uajm_setup.sh # if AutoSys was already installed go to 9.
cd to $AUTOUSER (/opt/CA/UnicenterAutoSysJM/autouser.ACE is default)
vi autosys.<shell>.<hostname> scripts
Locate variables and modify if incorrect:
Repeat steps in 11. on all env scripts in $AUTOUSER
- TNS_ADMIN= /home/autosys/oracli
- Modify the variable "aslibs=" in scripts
su - root #become root
unisrvcntr start uajm_agent uajm_sched.$AUTOSERV uajm_server.$AUTOSERV #test out the server - it should start