In CA PPM, if % Complete Calculation method is set to Effort, the Update Percent Complete job changes task statuses from Completed to Not Started.
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Create a project with % Complete Calculation Method set to 'Effort'.
2. Add one team member to the project
3. Create a task and assign the team member to the task
4. Go to Organizer->Tasks and change the task status to 'Completed' (which changes the % Complete to 100%)
5. Run the Update % Complete job
Expected Results: Task status remains as 'Completed', and % Complete is 100%
Actual Results: Task status changes to 'Not Started', and the % Complete changes from 100 to 0%
If a task has an assignment with no Actuals or ETC (Effort), the status will be 'Not Started' and 0% complete with % Complete Calculation of 'Effort'.
The fact that CA PPM allows you to temporarily mark the status of a task to completed by marking an assignment complete in Organizer -> Tasks is misleading to users since the status is later changed by the job. This is fixed in CA PPM 14.1 and higher as part of CLRT-74872.