In SLES 12 Return codes of RPM scripts (%preinsatall,%postinstall....) are not reflected in job status. A failure in the script will not mark the SD job as failed
Article ID: 5008
CA Automation Suite for Data Centers - Configuration Automation
CA Client Automation - Asset Management
CA Client Automation - IT Client Manager
CA Client Automation
CA Client Automation - Remote Control
CA Client Automation - Asset Intelligence
CA Client Automation - Desktop Migration Manager
CA Client Automation - Patch Manager
Deploying a rpm package to SLES12 is marked as a success even if one of the scripts (%preinstall,%postintall....) has a non 0 return code
- SD Agent checks If the RPM package is successfully installed by using RPM -q <Package-Name> command . Based on the output it determines the package installation status.
- SUSE has shipped an updated RPM in SLES12.
- This new RPM does not take the rc of the scripts into account when it determines rc for the rpm package.
- SUSE has confirmed this is working as designed
SLES 12 and above
- There is no resolution to this within the current design
- Client Automation relies upon the functionality of the OS for this and it has been changed by the OS vendor.