If the CA Business Intelligence (CABI) r3 Administrator password becomes lost/unknown, it will need to be reset in order to access CABI Management consoles/functions using the administrator account.
The following example is based on the CABI CMS database on SQL Server.
- Take a full backup of the CMS database using the database utilities.
- Stop the Server Intelligent Agent (SIA) on the BOXI server via the Central Configuration Manager (CMC)
- Within the CMS database, delete the records that have OBJECTID 12 and 13 from the CMS_INFOOBJECTS6 table. Using a SQL Client tool, run below SQL Select statement to confirm the record exists:
select * from CMS_INFOOBJECTS6 where OBJECTID=12
select * from CMS_INFOOBJECTS6 where OBJECTID=13
- Then delete the same record
delete * from CMS_INFOOBJECTS6 where OBJECTID=12
delete * from CMS_INFOOBJECTS6 where OBJECTID=13
- Restart the Server Intelligent Agent (SIA) on the BOXI server via the Central Configuration Manager (CMC).
- You will now be able to use the CABI Administrator account without specifying a password.
- To change the password, log in to the CABI Central Management Console and select USERS AND GROUPS and locate the Administrator account.
- Right-click and select PROPERTIES and set the new password.