I try to register the AdminUI with the command:
XPSRegClient siteminder -adminui-setup -vT
and I am getting the following error:
CA-XPS:UTIL0030(FATAL) : A client already exists with that name.
How can I fix this issue?
You get the error message:
A client already exists with that name.
because it seems that a trusted host already exist for the AdminUI.
As you cannot access to the AdminUI to delete the trusted host, please follow this procedure to do so:
- Stop your policy server and AdminUI services if they are executing.
- Traverse to siteminder/bin folder from the console.
- Execute the XPSEXPLORER utility i.e. type XPSExplorer and hit enter
- Please select the TrustedHosts option from the XPSEXPLORER and check for all the objects that have been added for AdminUI registration.
- Please delete the trusted host with which you want to register.
- Then start the Policy Server service and check the connectivity with the Policy Store. The connection attempt must be a success which would mean that the Policy Store objects are accessible.
- Execute the command smreg -su <admin passphrase> from siteminder/bin
- Execute: xpsregclient adminui-setup <client name e.g. siteminder>:<passphrase e.g. firewall>
- Start AdminUI services
- Try to login using the username/password as client name e.g. <siteminder>/<passphrase e.g. firewall>.