If Event Mangement is not active before Autosys the integration will not be in effect.
The following steps show who to configure the services to make sure Event Management is started before Autosys on Windows 2003.
IMPORTANT: This article contains information about modifying the registry.
Before you modify the registry, make sure to create back up of the registry and ensure that you understand how to restore the registry if a problem may occur.
For more information about how to back up, restore, and edit the registry, please review the relevant Microsoft Knowledge Base articles on support.microsoft.com.
- Locate the scheduler service in the registry via regedit:
"HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\CA Unicenter AutoSys Job Management Scheduler(ACE)"
- Go inside the key, you will see "DisplayName" "ErrorControl" etc.... you're in the right place if you do
Create a new "Multi-String" value by right clicking in the right pane of regedit while inside the scheduler service key
- Have the name of the Multi-String" be
- Rick click on the new REG_MULT_SZ you created called "DependOnService" and set its value to be:
- A reboot will be required for changes to take effect
- Verify the change was made by checking the service manager, on the dependency tab for the scheduler service:
START | RUN | services.msc - go to the
CA Unicenter AutoSys JM Scheduler (???)
Right click on it and click properties
Check the "dependency tab" and you should see "CA-Unicenter"