Customers might encounter problems because the Tomcat and Axis installation steps documented in the Web Service Wizard User Guide include old versions of third party software.
Please follow the steps below to install Tomcat and Axis instead of the steps documented in the Web Service Wizard User Guide.
Web Service Wizard User Guide r8
Appendix C: Deployment Notes
Installing Tomcat and Axis
- Download Tomcat at http://jakarta.apache.org, Select Binaries under the Downloads heading, and select the version you want to use.
- Set CATALINA_HOME to the Tomcat root directory where Tomcat was installed.
- Download Axis at http://ws.apache.org/axis/.
- Unzip the Axis and Copy the axis folder under 'Axis Root Folder\webapps\' directory to the Tomcat\webapps directory.
- Create the following Axis environment variables:
set AXIS_HOME = Tomcat Root Directory\webapps\axis (or %CATALINA_HOME%\webapps\axis).
set AXIS_LIB = Tomcat Root Directory\webapps\axis\WEB-INF\lib\ (or %AXIS_HOME%\WEB-INF\lib\)
- Now follow the steps to add the AXISCLASSPATH which will be using correctly mapped AXIS_LIB environment variable, as Follows (But Please replace with corresponding <Version Numbers> for the JAR files while setting the Path)
AXISCLASSPATH = %AXIS_LIB%axis.jar;%AXIS_LIB%axis-ant.jar;%AXIS_LIB%commons-discovery-<version>.jar;%AXIS_LIB%commons-logging-<version> .jar;%AXIS_LIB%jaxrpc.jar;%AXIS_LIB%log4j- <version> .jar;%AXIS_LIB%saaj.jar;%AXIS_LIB%wsdl4j-<version>.jar
- Set the AXISCLASSPATH in CLASSPATH environment variable along with current Folder.
Note; You should Set JAVA_HOME to jdk home directory and Add %JAVA_HOME%\bin to the PATH.