Do you need to move CA MSM to a different LPAR? The following instructions will help you accomplish the task.
- This is only for moving CSM between LPARs that are sharing the same file systems.
- The CSM base USS file systems are mounted on the system where CSM will be moved
- Ensure that Settings -> System Settings -> Mountpoint Management -> Unmount at Shutdown is enabled
- Update hostname and dsi port in SAMPLIB(DBINIT) for the target LPAR.
- Update hostname and dsi port in /.../msmruntime/dsi/dsi.conf for the target LPAR. Note that the new path for /.../msmruntime/dsi/dsi.conf on the target LPAR should be assigned to dsiConf= in item 4 above.
- Modify the following xml files located at .../msmruntime/tomcat/conf: (These are ASCII files so Edit ASCII option will have to be used)
- For CSM 6.0 and 6.1 update the TCPIP_HOST= parm in CUSMAC(SRVLIB) with the new IP address. CUSMAC(SRVLIB) is referenced on the MSMDBSVS startup JCL on the SYSIN DD.
Server.xml (only if port numbers will need to change)
- Server port="?????"
- Connector connectionTimeout="20000" port="?????" .... redirectPort="?????"
- Connector port="?????"
The best way to edit is to use ISPF Edit change command rather than direct edit.
Also, you can pre-define these files for each LPAR where MSM will run and simply rename them to original name (context.xml and server.xml) when you move MSM.
For example, let's say you have two MSM eligible LPARS, SYSA and SYSB:
context.xml.SYSA and server.xml.SYSA
context.xml.SYSB and server.xml.SYSB
context.xml and server.xml - created during initial MSM installation
You would copy the LPAR specific files to original names before starting MSM on the respective LPAR.