Some of the users running MSM are not allowed to open up their mainframe to FTP websites. How to use MSM to install CA products and maintain them is detailed in this document.
To install and maintain CA products with MSM, you need 3 core packages :
- The CA product install packages (pax files with base product).
- The Aggregate Maintenance packages (pax file with bundle of ptfs).
- Error holddata (file for SMP/E maintenance)
To get these 3 packages you need to go to support.ca.com :
- Product packages:
- Select in the download center the product you want to install and download the product pax file to your PC (as binary object).
- After this is completed, you will need to upload it into a USS directory (also as a binary object).
- Now you can use the uploaded pax file to install via 'Install External Package' in the MSM gui under Software Catalog.
- Aggregate Maintenance packages:
- Select at support.ca.com the page 'Support by product'
- When at the product page, select the Maintenance Grid under the Product Status
- Download the pax.Z file and put it into a USS directory always treating the file as a binary object.
- From here you can install it with MSM via the 'Add External Maintenance'
- Error Holddata:
- At support.ca.com select the 'Mainframe 2.0' section (at the middle of the screen)
- At this page you can download the 'Error Holddata'
- When you downloaded the ALL-HOLDDATA.TXT file, you need to add this file in the USS directory :
MSM will recognize it and use it when applying maintenance to the products.