Out of Box CABI Dashboards not displaying properly - #DATATYPE appears in some columns. For example, the Service Desk Manager Daily Operations Dashboard has many places where #DATATYPE appears in cells instead of actual data.
This issue typically occurs when there is a data mismatch between the data type the report is expecting and how the Universe object is defined at the Universe level.
In this example we will use the 'Priority Symbol Count' Universe object and the Service Desk Manager Daily Operations Dashboard.
- Launch the Universe Designer application and login with a CABI Administrator account
- Open the out of box CA Service Desk Universe. Please note that as no changes to the 'Priority Symbol Count' object can be made unless within the OOTB CA Service Desk Universe.
- Expand the REQUEST folder and proceed to expand the REQUEST DETAIL folder
- Locate the 'Priority Symbol Count' object
- Right click and select PROPERTIES.
- On the DEFINITION tab, change the value from CHARACTER to NUMBER
- Click OK
- Repeat steps #3-#7 for the CHANGE, INCIDENT, ISSUE and PROBLEM attributes
- Save and export the out of box CA Service Desk Universe
- Clear web browser cache and access the Service Desk Manager Daily Operations CABI Dashboard via Infoview. The #DATATYPE should not appear anymore, instead the report data should display.