Unable to change r12.x policy store Encryption key as per the documented steps in bookshelf:
Steps mentioned in bookshelf:
- D:\>XPSExport D:\temp\xps_export.xml -xa -xs -xc -passphrase xxxxxxxx (masked
[XPSExport - XPS Version 12.0.0305.427]
Log output: XPSExport.2012-05-30_001716.log
- D:\>smreg -key xxxxxxxxxxxx (masked actual key)
- D:\>XPSImport D:\temp\xps_export.xml -fo -passphrase xxxxxxxx
[XPSImport - XPS Version 12.0.0305.427]
Log output: XPSImport.2012-05-30_002301.log
CA-XPS:LDAP0012(FATAL) : Unable to locate XPS branch of the LDAP tree.
CA-XPS:UTIL0005(FATAL) : Unable to initialize the XPS library.
Following are the complete steps to change the Encryption key for r12.x policy store
- XPSExport with required options
- Smreg key <encryption Key>
- Ensure that EncryptionKey.txt is updated in bin folder (check for timestamp)
- Restart Policy Server and close smconsole window if already opened
- Keep watch smps.log
- You will see errors in XPS initialization and policy server stops proceeding further.
- Open Smconsole
- Select Data Tab Re-Enter applicable Policy Store/Key-Store/Audit Logs/Session-store Passwords again and test for successful connectivity
(Policy Store/Key-Store/Audit Logs/Session Store) and click Apply. (you must apply the changes otherwise you will see errors again while policyserver coming up)
- Start Policy Server from smconsole
- Keep watch smps.log ensure Policy Server is up and running
- XPSImport with applicable options.
- XPSImport will be successful