The Master Catalog for CA SAM is downloadable from the CA Support site for CA SAM.
The Catalog is delivered as a .zip file which you will then import.
- Downloading the catalog from the support.ca.com site
- Open and login to the CA SAM application as the admin user.
- Navigate to Exchange->Exchange directory.
- Click Browse to find and select your catalog .zip file.
Leave the other options at their default.
- Once the catalog .zip is selected, click the Upload File button.
Notice the bottom of the screen changes, listing two .xml files.
- Click Import for the catalog_step1_data_sources.xml line.
- You will be prompted if you really want to import.
Click OK on the prompt. When finished, it will display the summary of the steps it performed.
- Scrolling all the way to the bottom, you will notice that there is still a .xml file in the list.
Click Import on the catalog_step2_main.xml line. You will again be prompted; Click OK.
- Please note that this step in the process can take quite some time to complete;
please wait until it completes and the summary screens shows again.
*Note* It may take a few hours.