After an AIX upgrade from 5.3 to 6.1, when running a trigger on the System Agent 11.3 with the Oracle plugin, the connection to Oracle was rejected with error: "Java.sql.sql exception..ora-01005: null password given logon denied"
Problem was related to the JDBC driver ojdbc5.jar not being compatible with AIX 6.1 release.
Resolved by applying the following solution:
- Stop the agent
- Locate the ojdbc5.jar in <agent_directory>/jars/ext
- Move the file to some other location. E.g. You can move it to the <agent_directory>.
- Find out the path of the Oracle JDBC. Usually it is in
- Edit the agentparm.txt and edit this parameter:
Change it to
NOTE: Make sure you add the full/absolute path and file name of the jdbc jar file.
Do not put *, as other jar files will get picked up agent. This can and will result in agent shutdown.
- Save the agentparm.txt file
- Restart the agent