Performing an upgrade using a new $NH_HOME ($NH_HOME_B) when a different $NH_HOME ($NH_HOME_A) previously exists, fails with the following error message (from $NH_HOME_B/tmp/<date and time>-ORACLIENT.log):
SEVERE:OUI-10137:An Oracle Home with name EHORA10C already exists at location $NH_HOME_A/client. Please specify another name for Oracle Home.
Here are the steps to reproduce the issue:
- eH6.1 was installed on the system.
- Upgrade eHealth to 6.3.1 ($NH_HOME = /export/location1/eh631) but it failed during activation due to a known defect and rolled back.
- Upgrade to eH6.3.1 again, specifying a different $NH_HOME ($NH_HOME = /export/location2/eh631). It failed with the following error message from /export/location2/eh631/tmp/20121023Tue1324-ORACLIENT.log):
SEVERE:OUI-10137:An Oracle Home with name EHORA10C already exists at location /export/location1/eh631/client. Please specify another name for Oracle Home.
- Re-run the upgrade but specify $NH_HOME_A during the installation.
- Follow the steps described below to remove the Oracle Client from $NH_HOME_B and then re-run the upgrade, specifying $NH_HOME_B.
- Remove NH_HOME/client
- cd NH_ORACLE_HOME/oraInventory/ContentXML
- Open inventory.xml in editor and remove one line that points to location of oracle client
- Run the Oracle Client Install GUI and pick the deinstall option to uninstall the Oracle Client.
When upgrading the Oracle Client, you must use the same upgrade directory that you used previously. Do not create multiple upgrade directories for the same version upgrade. If you use a different directory, you may receive an Oracle Client installation problem.