What is the difference between the Show: ALL Filter and a Filter specific for a siteid when viewing the Products tree on the Software Catalog, and the steps to create a site-id specific filter?
The main difference between a Show: ALL Filter and a Filter specific to a certain siteid, is that ALL shows in addition:
- Products for all siteids you have access to in CA support Online and MYCA (in your case you have more than only one siteid)
- Products you were licensed to before
- Products added by "Add Product" to MSM
- Products which meanwhile changed its name.
The filter specific to a siteid is only showing the products you are currently licensed to.
The products listed when using the siteid filter should match the product names you see, when logged on to CA support online or MYCA.
Steps to create a Filter:
- On Software Catalog in the FILTER section press EDIT
- Create a NEW filter, enter a filtername, select your usual siteid (only one), press OK button
- Use this filter in the SHOW pulldown
- When that filter is active (i.e. selected in the filter box), a right-click on "Products" within the tree will update the catalog tree for only the active site-id.