Since upgrading to IM 2.3 the DCs are terminating and the following message is seen on the console: "Out of memory: Killed process [x], UID 0, (java)"
To resolve this issue do the following .....
- cat /proc/meminfo and make note of "MemTotal" value
- cat /opt/IMDataCollector/apache-karaf-2.3.0/bin/setenv and make note of IM_MAX_MEM value
- If the values from #1 and #2 are equal than this is the reason for the "out of memory" condition as java will consume all the memory on the box
- Stop the data collector process with the following command: /etc/init.d/dcmd stop
- Change the IM_MAX_MEM value in /opt/IMDataCollector/apache-karaf-2.3.0/bin/setenv so that it equals half the total of "MemTotal" noted in step #1
- Start the data collector with the following command: /etc/init.d/dcmd start
This should resolve the out of memory condition