Running ENF with a Datacom/AD database to record event activity. When the ENF address space starts and goes through initialization the following messages are generated and the address space terminates with a U203 abend.CAS9217I - ENF DB initialization starting
Note: The event name displayed with the CAS9316E message may or may not be CABMSSTA.
The CAS9304I message zeros in on the problem. This is an indication that the specified PLAN was not imported into the Datacom/AD database being referenced by this ENF startup. The database that ENF references is determined by the Datacom CUSLIB defined in the ENF STEPLIB concatenation. The ENF plan name may change at new release levels or introduced with an enhancement related PTF.
Here are some of the PLAN names that have existed and what they are related to.
Note: The introduction of a new ENF plan name would be identified via a PTF's ++HOLD information or within new release documentation.
The following steps were provided as ACTION HOLDDATA within CCS 14.1 PTF RO54507.
After installing RO54507 along with its co-reqs into your running ENF datasets, you must implement the PTF by DROPping
all the DATACOM/AD ENF Event related tables and importing a new plan. Follow the steps below-
Note: ENF must be down when the following procedure is performed.
1. Start the ENF related Datacom/AD MUF in its own address space.
2. Obtain a list of ENF Event tables by submitting CAW0JCL member CASQL001.
3. Edit CAW0JCL member CASQL004 with the list of tables obtained from the previous step to be dropped and then run job CASQL004.
4. Import the new plan using updated CAW0JCL member AW1IMPRT.
5. Shutdown the MUF if you normally run an ENFIMUF.
6. Re-start ENF with the REINIT parm (i.e. S ENF,,,REINIT) making sure that the CAIDCM DD statement is using the CAW0DCM dataset with the PTF'ed DCM modules.
Note: Ensure the same CAW0LOAD used during the Import, is being used to start ENF. During the initial startup of ENF, the initialization code will re-define all Event Related tables with the expanded time column, TIMEL.