This article explains the why we get an ‘ORA-00960: ambiguous column naming in select list’ error when trying to execute the query generated by the cube view.
Steps to reproduce:
1. Create an extract in GTSubset which is not fully qualified.
2. Save this extract into a Data Pool of Datamaker.
3. Click on Data Profiler-> Create Cube View.
4. Select your extract and build a view by including Column(s) from the tables and click on the green tick button.
5. Run the cube view which is generated.
6. You will see the following error upon execution.
‘ORA-00960: ambiguous column naming in select list’
In GTSubset, users are allowed to create extracts without specifying the schema. This means that the query may not be fully qualified. This query may not work well within Datamaker by the "Create cube view" generator.
Test Data Manager
Please make sure that your GTSubset extract is fully qualified before you try to use it in the cube view generator of Datamaker. That is you need to qualify every table or column name with schemaname.tablename or schemaname.tablename.columnname.
If you face any issues or have any questions about the steps, please open a support case by going to https://support.ca.com/irj/portal/anonymous/newhome or by calling customer care at http://www3.ca.com/us/support/customer-assistance.aspx.