nhMail is not working
There are various reasons why nhMail may not be working.
See the Resolution section below for steps to follow to rule out probable causes.
eHealth 6.2.x.xeHealth 6.3.x.x
1. First, verify that the mail utilities are functioning correctly with nhMail.
See Tech Document ID: TEC519997, How to verify mail utilities are functioning correctly with nhMail (http://www.ca.com/us/services-support/ca-support/ca-support-online/knowledge-base-articles.tec519997.html)
2. Make sure NH_NT_SMTP_SERVER is set to allow the SMTP server.
3. Verify that the correct IP address is set for a value in the environment variable NH_NT_SMTP_SERVER. Sometimes nhMail is not working because the wrong IP address is set for a value in this environment variable.
4. Make sure there are no firewalls by telneting from the eHealth server to the mail port on destination. To fix, edit Global rules to allow SMTP to the Exchange Server.
5. Anti-Virus software such as McAfee VirusScan (or Anti-Virus Standard Protection) in on your server could be blocking port 25 and preventing nhMail from sending email. If this is the issue, verify that anti-virus software control settings allow port 25 and SMTP traffic. Also verify that the correct eHealth server and IP is on the allowed access list. The following are some sample error messages that you might be seeing:
unexpected error 0 from winsock
Error: Can't connect to mailserver 'XXX.XX.XXX.XXX' (timed out if winsock.dll error 10060)."
In the eHealthxx\bin\sys\nhiNtMail logs, you might see something like this…
“Blocked by port blocking rule E:\eHealthXX\bin\sys\nhiNtMail.exe Anti-virus Standard Protection:Prevent mass mailing worms from sending mail XXX.XX.XXX.XXX:25”
6. Check the command syntax in scheduled report output.
7. Verify that the type of file you are trying to send is supported by nhMail.
Type of files supported by nhMail are .pdf, .txt (ascii) .csv, and .ps
8. Sometimes nhMail command works, and email can be received, but the nhAutoDiscover with -notify <mail addr> option doesn't work, and email is not received.
If this is the case, please refer to Tech Document ID: TEC536703, The schedule discover email notification couldn't be received, nhAutoDiscover -notify <mail addr> option seems broken (http://www.ca.com/us/services-support/ca-support/ca-support-online/knowledge-base-articles.tec536703.html)
Tech Document ID: TEC519997
How to verify mail utilities are functioning correctly with nhMail
Tech Document ID: TEC513753
How to change the sender address (from field) of an SMTP email sent via nhMail
Tech Document ID: TEC536703,
The schedule discover email notification couldn't be received, nhAutoDiscover -notify <mail addr> option seems broken
Tech Document ID: TEC520038
How do I specify an SMTP server after installation?
Tech Document ID: TEC513393
eHealth Environment Variables