Move the Nimsoft Home folder to different drive
Article ID: 46132
DX Unified Infrastructure Management (Nimsoft / UIM)
What are the steps to follow to move the existing Nimsoft path to New Path.
UIM: 8.2, 8.31 and 8.4.
Operating System: Windows 2008, 2008 R2, 2012, 2012 R2.
Release: CNMSPP99000-8.4-Unified Infrastructure Mgmt-Server Pack-- On Prem
Follow these steps:
- Stop the service "Nimsoft Robot Watcher" from windows services.
- Move the Nimsoft folder to your required location on the same machine.
- Open Registry entry (regedit.exe)
- Right click on "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE" and click on "Find.."
- Select all the look at options (Keys, Values and Data).
- Search for "nimsoft" keyword and Change the old path to new path for all occurrences of path.
- Follow the steps 4 & 5 and then Search for "nimbus" keyword and Change the old path to new path for all occurrences of path.
- Once we are done with above steps, "Nimsoft Robot Watcher" path automatically changes to the new path
Note: Please note that while replacing the path for keys, you find below error, please ignore.
- Finally, restart the service "Nimsoft Robot Watcher".
For your reference, attached here are few screenshots to verify after changing the registry entry.