Why can't I view the History records of transfers by all users when I use the "Get History" tab in the CA XCOM GUI?
Release: CA XCOM Data Transport for Windows 11.6
If the user is not a member of either XCOMADM or XCOMSADM security groups, then the transfers returned are limited to those containing that user's user ID.
CA XCOM Data Transport checks security by verifying that the user requesting history records is a member of the XCOMADM group and/or the XCOMSADM group. CA XCOM Data Transport returns records as follows:
• If the user is not a member of either XCOMADM or XCOMSADM, then the transfers returned are limited to those containing that user's user ID.
• If the user is a member of XCOMADM, then CA XCOM Data Transport does both of the following:
- Returns transfers in the queue for all users and allows operator functions against those transfers.
- Returns history records for all transfers for the target machine (SYSNAME, SYSID), regardless of the owner.
• If the user is also a member of XCOMSADM, then CA XCOM Data Transport returns history records for any machine included in the history table.
NOTE: The XCOMSADM and XCOMADM groups need to be defined as local groups.
See this information in our online documentation: