Duplicate entries show up in Reports and Parameter Page in Spectrum Report Manger
Component: Spectrum Report Manager
The problem happens because of Duplicate User Models within the Report Manager Database
Check for any duplicate users in OneClick
In Spectrum, the users are case sensitive. In the above example, the "Administrator" and "ADMinistrator" users are treated as separate users. However in the Spectrum Report Manager (SRM) database, the users are not case sensitive and these users are treated as duplicate users.
1. Log into the SRM system as the user that owns the Spectrum installation
2. On Windows, start a bash shell by running "bash -login"
3. cd to the $SPECROOT/mysql/bin directory and enter the following command to log into mysql:
./mysql --defaults-file=../my-spectrum.cnf -uroot -p<PASSWD> reporting
4. At the mysql prompt, run the following query replacing <USER> with the duplicate user name.
select * from Model Where Model_Name like '<USER>';
The following is an example using "Administrator":
5. The above query will return the model with the user name. If this returns more than one row, then check the "Destroy time" for each row.
Only one user can have "Destroy_time" value as "NULL". If more than one user model has the "Destroy_time" set to "Null", then we have to update the "Destroy_time" for that particular user model with the current time.
6. To update the "Destroy_time" for the particular user, enter the following query replacing <USER> with the user name and <KEY> with the value of the model key for that user:
UPDATE MODEL SET DESTROY_TIME=NOW() WHERE MODEL_NAME='<USER>' AND MODEL_KEY=<KEY>;"