The customer wants to replace a collaboration manager who is no longer with the company.
The customer wants to add an additional collaboration manager but does not have collaboration manager rights.
The customer has a collaboration manager whose collaboration rights are not functioning properly.
Usually this is caused by the customer not realizing how the Collaboration Manager on a project works and not planning for users who are collaboration manager and are no longer with the company. On Demand customers who convert from an On Premise system to an On Demand system may have the Admin user as a collaboration manager and after they convert to On Demand, they can no longer log in as the admin user.
1. Create a file called clb_participants_write.xml and copy the following information into it.
<Header version="6.0.11" action="write" objectType="project" externalSource="NIKU"/>
<Project name="participants-test" projectID="pt1" description="sdflkjdsfdsf"
managerResourceID="admin" start="2012-01-01T00:00:00" finish="2012-03-01T00:00:00" active="1" openForTimeEntry="true"
trackMode="2" format="0" approved="1">
<General addedBy="admin" addedDate="2003-01-01"/>
2. Save your changes.
3. Create a second file called clb_collabmgr_groups_write.xml and add the following information to it.
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<NikuDataBus xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="../xsd/nikuxog_user.xsd">
<Header version="6010" action="write" objectType="user" externalSource="ORACLE-FINANCIAL"/>
<User externalId=" " userName="ravery" userStatus="Active">
<PersonalInformation emailAddress="[email protected]" firstName="Robert" lastName="Avery"/>
<nls languageCode="en" name="project 5170002 participant group"/>
<nls languageCode="en" name="project 5170002 CM group"/>
4. Save your changes.
5. Move these files into the xml folder for your xog client install.
6. Replace all data in the clb_participants_write.xml file with information for a new project you want to create or an existing project. Resource IDs that appear under Resources will be added to the project staff. Users under the Participants section will be added to the project as participants.
7. Xog in clb_participants_write.xml.
8. Open your project and go to the properties page. You can find your project's internal id in the url at the end after "id=". Record your project's internal id.
9. Edit clb_collabmgr_groups_write.xml. Replace all user and resource information with information for the user that you want to add to a project as a collaboration manager. Replace the project ids after CLB_PROJECT_MEMBERS, CLB_PROJECT_MANAGERS and in each name with the project internal id you recorded in step 8.
10. Save your changes.
11. Xog in clb_collabmgr_groups_write.xml
NOTE: If you want to xog in a participant instead of a project manager, remove the CLB_PROJECT_MANAGERS####### group from the xog file.
Now you are ready to check the Participants list for your project. You will find your user listed as a Collaboration Manager. When they log into Clarity they will have Collaboration Manager rights for the project you chose.
NOTE: If you need more information on how to XOG these files into Clarity see the XML Open Gateway Integration guide for your version of Clarity.