- Log into the API Gateway appliance via SSH as the "ssgconfig" user.
- Select Option #3: Use a privileged shell (root).
- Run the following script: /opt/SecureSpan/Appliance/bin/resetAdmin.sh <database root user> <database root password>
- Provide the Gateway database name.
- Provide the administrative user name.
- Execute the following command: mysql -u root -p -e "delete from logon_info where login='admin';"
- Use this command with the name of the database: mysql -u root -p -e "delete from ssg.logon_info where login='admin';" (ssg is the default database name but it may be different in your environment)
The above instructions will reset the credentials for the user specified in step #5 to "password". Additionally, it will reset the lock-out timer on that account.