How to disable the MySQL general_log file
After enabling the MySQL general_log file on the Spectrum Report Manager (SRM) system, the log file created in the $SPECROOT/mysql/data directory has grown very large. Reference knowledge article 48011 "How to turn on MySQL General Query Logging without restarting the MySQL Server".
NOTE: In the following MySql commands, replace <PASSWD> with the root password for your DX NetOps Spectrum version.
To disable the MySQL general_log file
1. Log into the system as the user that owns the Spectrum installation
2. If on Windows, start a bash shell by running "bash -login"
3. cd to the $SPECROOT/mysql/bin directory and enter the following command to log into mysql:
./mysql --defaults-file=../my-spectrum.cnf -uroot -p<PASSWD>
4. At the mysql prompt, enter the following command to disable:
set global general_log='off';
5. Enter "quit" to exist mysql
6. Delete the log file from the $SPECROOT/mysql/data directory if not needed