The PAN#2 ++TRANSFER command will copy members from one PANLIB to another PANLIB.
- The original member(s) are not deleted and remain in the original PANLIB.
- You can copy a specific member or range of members.
- If CONTROL CODES are used on either PANLIB(or both), then the ++CONTROL statements must be present to allow access.
- The PANDD1 is the PANLIB were you are copying from. The PANDD2 is the PANLILB were you are copying to.
- If there is a control code and or an installation code on the PANDD1 PANLIB then the ++CONTROL 99999 needs to be added after the ++OPTION OUTPUT and before the ++TRANSFER.
- If there is a control code and or an installation code on the PANDD2 PANLIB, then the ++CONTROL 99999 with an A in col 72 would need to be added after the first ++CONTROL 99999 and before the ++TRANSFER.
- The ++CONTROL code is either the code on the PANLIB or the installation code or both. If both then the ++CONTROL would be the control code + the installation code.
- If the member on the PANDD2 is to be replaced then a R must be in col 72 on the ++TRANSFER statement.
- If the status of the member in the PANDD1 PANLIB is TEST and the status of the member in the PANDD2 PANLIB is PROD the member will not be replaced. You would need to either rename or delete the member on the PANDD2 PANLIB.
//STEP1 EXEC PGM=PAN#2
//SYSPRINT DD SYSOUT=*
//SYSUDUMP DD SYSOUT=*
//PANDD1 DD DISP=SHR,DSN=YOUR.PANVALET.INPUT.PANLIB
//PANDD2 DD DISP=SHR,DSN=YOUR.PANVALET.OUTPUT.PANLIB
//SYSIN DD *
++TRANSFER XXXXXXXX <<<< Member name >>>>>
++CONTROL 99999 <= MUST BE USED IF CONTROL CODE PRESENT
++CONTROL 99999 <= PLACE AN 'A' IN COL 72 IF PANDD2 HAS CODE
++TRANSFER TEST,TEST5 <= COPIES THE RANGE OF MBRS FROM TEST TO TEST5
++TRANSFER TEST,9999999 <= COPIES THE RANGE OF MBRS FROM TEST TO <EOF>