CA License directory should not be deleted directly.
You can uninstall CA License manually by running uninstaller.
Please verify all CA products are uninstalled before uninstalling CA License.
The procedure is a bit different between Unix and Windows.
1. execute rmlicense in ca_lic directory
* typically, ca_lic directory exists under /opt/CA/SharedComponents
1. copy lic98_uninstaller.zip file from ca_lic directory to temporary directory
* typically, ca_lic directory exists under C:\Program Files (x86)\CA\SharedComponents
2. extract lic98_uninstaller.zip in temporary directory
3. execute extracted rmlicense.bat