I have setup IDMSINFO as a STC on our test LPAR that has a 18.5 and 19.0 CV running on it. Using PerfMon Interval Monitor PMIM on these CV's I have only been able to monitor the CV I am on. There is not much doc on IDMSINFO and I am looking for more info
The IDMSINFO address space for Remote Perfmon Monitoring is for PMRM, the Realtime Monitor only.
Best description of the feature is in the 18.5 Release Notes:
"External Performance Monitoring
The CA IDMS Performance Monitor Realtime Monitor can now monitor an external system. You can specify a system when you start the Performance Monitor or select a system from the new Active System Summary window.
The new IDMSINFO address space must be running on the same LPAR to enable external performance monitoring.
Note: For information about how to run the IDMSINFO address space, see the CA IDMS System Operations Guide.
To monitor an external system, use one of the following options:
* Specify the external system as an option when you start the Performance Monitor. The format is 'task-code SYStem job-name' where task-code is the task that your site uses to start the performance monitor and job-name is the job name of the external system.
* Enter the command 'SYStem job-name' on the Performance Monitor command line, where job-name is the job name of the external system that you want to monitor. All information windows that you select display data from that system. If the selected system is not available, an informational message is shown.
* Display the Active System Summary window and select the external system from the list of all CA IDMS systems currently running on the same LPAR as the local system. To display the Active System Summary window, enter the command 'SYStem *' or select 'PF19 Active System Summary' from the main menu. Specify the system that you want to monitor by placing an 's' on the line next to its name, and Performance Monitor begins monitoring that system. All information windows that you select display data from that system.
To return to monitoring the local system, use one of the following options:
* Enter 'SYStem' with no operands on the command line.
* Enter 'SYStem local-job-name' where local-job-name is the job name of your local system on the command line.
* Display the Active System Summary window and select the local system.
* Exit and re-enter Performance Monitor.
The commands and windows of Performance Monitor work exactly as they worked in the past, regardless of whether you monitor an external or local system. The only extra requirements for monitoring external systems are ensuring that IDMSINFO is running and the process of selecting an external system to monitor."
SYSTEM OPERATIONS GUIDE
PERFORMANCE MONITOR SYSTEM ADMINISTRATION GUIDE