For clients running CA OPS/MVS release 12.2 under any z/OS release and are currently using the CICS Operation Facility (COF) interface, be aware that after installing and deploying PTFs RO83938 and RO83939, you might lose the COF functionality if an IPL is performed.
- To correct this before an IPL, install the PTF RO85908. Note, as documented in our z/OS Compatibility Matrix, for clients running CA OPS/MVS release 12.2 under z/OS 2.2 and the COF feature is installed, you need to install and deploy PTF RO85908 as soon as time permits.
- If you are not planning to IPL your LPAR anytime soon, then:
1. Obtain PTF RO85908.
2. Install and deploy the updated OPCITDCN module from PTF RO85908 (It needs to be copied to the CICS DFHRPL).
3. Recycle the affected CICS region(s) as the updated module is loaded/executed when CICS starts.
- You may receive this symptomatic IBM error after installing the RO83938 and RO83939 PTFs and doing the IPL:
COFVLH02E VLF trimmed objects younger than the ALERTAGE set for this check.
CHECK(IBMVLF,VLF_MAXVIRT) raised an exception. Note: The Virtual Lookaside Facility (VLF)
You can find additional information at our website: CA Technologies Documentation