Spectrum online backup on the primary SpectroSERVER fails to run a database sync with the secondary SpectroSERVER.
An RCPD.OUT file is not created on either the primary or secondary SpectroSERVER systems.
Running $SPECROOT/SS-Tools/HostUpdate -v on the primary SpectroSERVER system does not show the secondary SpectroSERVER system in the Location Server cache output.
The following event is logged against the Online Backup model on the primary SpectroSERVER system:
Jul 5, 2016 9:03:14 PM EDT The database synchronization has failed because standby server standby.server is not listed in the local landscape map. 10 0x10934 Jul 5, 2016 9:03:15 PM EDT System System
The Location Server on the secondary SpectroSERVER system is not communicating with the Main Location Server (MLS).
Ensure the following:
1. Ensure the Location Server on the secondary SpectroSERVER is configured to point to the MLS. This can be seen in the "MAIN_LOCATION_HOST_NAME" parameter in the $SPECROOT/LS/.locrc file on the secondary SpectroSERVER system.
NOTE: The Location Server on all SpectroSERVER systems, primary and secondary, in the same Distributed SpectroSERVER (DSS) environment must be configured to point to the same MLS.
2. Ensure proper hostname resolution between the secondary SpectroSERVER system and the MLS system
3. Ensure the $SPECROOT/.hostrc file on the MLS system has the ip address or hostname of the secondary SpectroSERVER system or a single plus "+" character
4. Ensure TCP port 14004 is not being blocked from the secondary SpectroSERVER system to the MLS system
5. Try reloading the fresh Primary backup into Secondary after initializing database
A. on Secondary, load Legacy to wipe the DB:
../SS-Tools/SSdbload -il legacy.SSdb
B. take fresh SSdb backup file from Primary and copy to Secondary
../SS-Tools/SSdbload -il -add 20 <primary_ssdb_backup>.SSdb
or if the precedence 20 entry already exists in the landscape map
./SS-Tools/SSdbload -il -replace 20 <primary_ssdb_backup>.SSdb