Getting communication error on adding a robot into monitoring. Robot is not in the network. It is present on internet.
Robot is not in the internal network, instead it is present on internet. Also, hub has two IPs, 1 is natted IP and another one is private IP.
1. Take memo of each IP Address of all HUB Servers.
2. Shutdown NimBUS service in all HUB Servers.
3. Backup of the following files in all HUB Servers. We will be using these files in case reverting is required.
4. Update the following key in hub.cfg in all HUB Servers. Add the key if it does not exist.
<hub>/ignore_ip = yes
<hub>/broadcast_on = no
5. Remove the following file in all HUB Servers.
6. Start NimBUS service in all HUB Servers.
7. Login to the Primary HUB Server using Infrastructure Manager.
8. Highlight [hub] probe and CTRL + P
9. Select [hubsec_setup_put] from command dropdown list.
Put the following as arguments and execute it.
(*) Open <uim>/hub/security.cfg using text editor and verify “ignore_ip = yes” exists.
10. Open [hub] probe GUI of the Primary HUB Server.
Go [Name Services] and add other hub servers apart from the server to which that robot belongs to.
Go [Tunnels] > [Server Configuration]
- Enable [Active]
- Create Certificate Authority.
- Create a new certificate for the required HUB Server using IP Address of required HUB Server.
- Copy and paste the certificate context.
11. Login to the concerned HUB Server using Infrastructure Manager.
12. Open [hub] probe GUI of the concerned HUB Server to which problematic robot is reporting to.
13. Go [Tunnels] > [Client Configuration]
Create new Tunnel Client Configuration using certificate issued for concerned HUB Server.
[Active Tunnel] checked.
[Check Server CommonName] Unchecked.
[Server] IP Address of Tunnel Server
[Password] Certificate password
[Certificate] Paste the certificate context (step 10)
14. Shutdown NimBUS service in the concerned HUB Server.
15. Start NimBUS service in the India South HUB Server.