How to configure CA WA ESP to work with the Cross-System Coupling Facility (XCF)?
CA Workload Automation ESP Edition r11.4
CA WA ESP uses XCF for communication between 2 or more ESP subsystems (example: between an ESP Master and an ESP Proxy subsystem).
To enable the use of XCF in CA WA ESP, code the following statements in the ESP initialization parmlib data set on the ESP Master and its Proxy subsystems:
If XCF is used between ESP masters, you can hare only what needs to be shared across the systems. This is done by coding initialization statement XMITMDL on the ESP Master subsystem to send a tracking model (tracking a group of jobs) to a destination node.
- DEFTM MODELX HISTFILE(HIST1): define a tracking model named 'MODELX'
- TRACKDEF JOB NAME(PR-) MODEL(MODELX): associate tracking model 'MODELX' to jobs which name begins with PR. TRACKDEF statements are defined in the Job Tracking Definition Table (JTDT).
- XMITMDL ADD MODEL(MODELX) NETNODE(BSYS): ESP Master to transmit tracking model 'MODELX' to node 'BSYS'. XMITMDL statement is defined in the ESP Master subsystem init parmlib.
CA Workload Automation ESP Edition r11.4 Documentation:
- Content "Installing and Configuring", section "Configuring Master-Proxy Subsystems in a Sysplex"
- Content "Using", section "Using XCF"
- Content "Commands" for syntax of the commands referenced in this technical document.