How to export global rules, policies, responses etc without exporting the entire policy store.
Global Objects such as Global Rule, Policies, and Responses are not considered "Root objects" and cannot be exported on their own by XID. To export Global Objects, the Global Domain must be exported.
Applies to Policy Servers 12.52 through newest
**NOTE: If this is production, please take necessary backups of the policy server/store before making any changes. The steps below (step 9) may require restart of the policy server service.
Export Global Domain
1. Run XPSExplorer
2. Enter the number for GlobalDomain
3. Enter S to search GlobalDomain objects
4. Copy down the XID for the GlobalDomain.
The example below is the screen after step 3. (CA.SM::[email protected] is the XID):
There is 1 object in the result.
(I) Name : "03-7bdf31f2-44d7-4d7b-a8f5-5de2eaa0b634"
(C) Desc : "* Please do not edit this domain! This is a global domain. *"
* indicates that the object is in the XCart.
5. Enter q until XPSExplorer is exited
6. Run the command below replacing exportFileName.xml with a outfile name and XID with the value copied from step 4.
XPSExport exportFileName.xml -xo XID -npass
XPSExport globalDomainExport.xml -xo CA.SM::[email protected] -npass
7. Review the exportFileName.xml and check it for all the global policies, rules and responses.
Visit https://techdocs.broadcom.com/ > Product: CA Single Sign-On [Version] for additional documentation.
XPSExport (12.52 SP1)
XPSImport (12.52 SP1)