Where is the CA Asset Portfolio Management (APM) session timeout setting stored and how can I change it?
CA Asset Portfolio Management 12.x and 14.x release levels.
The session timeout is controlled from a setting in Internet Information Systems (IIS) named: Idle timeout (in minutes)
This setting controls how long the user interface remains idle before a timeout occurs and the user must log back into the application.
For example, if the setting is 20 minutes, when the user interface is idle for more than 20 minutes, the next time the user clicks on the screen, they will be prompted to login again to regain access.
To change the idle timeout setting:
1. Launch the Internet Information Systems Manager (IIS Manager) and expand the IIS server name node
2. Highlight application pools, then select the ITAM application pool
3. Click on advanced settings and view the 'idle timeout (in minutes)' setting.
4. The default is normally 20 minutes. Increase this value to your desired time.
5. Perform an IISRESET for the changes to take effect.