How to modify the USS session timeout?
The USS session timeout is set to 30 minutes by default.
This can be updated as follows:
1. Edit the following section in the 'CA\Self Service\OSOP\tomcat-x.x.xx\webapps\ROOT\WEB-INF\WEB.XML' file
Update the timeout from 30 minutes as desired and save the changes
2. Optionally you can update or disable the session timeout warning by updating the following section in the 'CA\Self Service\OSOP\portal-ext.properties' file
# Specify the number of minutes before a warning is sent to the user
# informing the user of the session expiration. Specify 0 to disable any
3. Optionally the timeout can be configured to auto-extend based on the following section in the 'CA\Self Service\OSOP\portal-ext.properties' file
# Set the auto-extend mode to true to avoid having to ask the user whether
# to extend the session or not. Instead it will be automatically extended.
# The purpose of this mode is to keep the session open as long as the user
# browser is open and with a portal page loaded. It is recommended to use
# this setting along with a smaller "session.timeout", such as 5 minutes for
# better performance.
4. Save the changes
5. Restart the 'CA Unified Self-Service Server' service
6. Verify that the updated session timeout reflects in USS:
a. Login to http(s)://<USS host>:<USS port>/group/control_panel
b. Navigate to Server Administration > Properties > Portal Properties > session.timeout