The following error connecting to a landscape seen in the tomcat log:
Request to Landscape model ( name - ixxxxx, type - Landscape ) failed due to an unknown error.
Also, in a fault tolerant environment Spectrum may not show the proper status of the VNM in the OneClick client.
Release: Any version of Spectrum
There are various known causes for this error. The following is a list of a few of the known causes:
1. A firewall is blocking communication between the OneClick and SpectroSERVER systems
2. If on a Linux server, check iptables blocking communication between the OneClick and SpectroSERVER systems
3. Check hostname resolution between the OneClick and SpectroSERVER systems
4. $SPECROOT/.hostrc file not configured correctly
5. Network latency between the OneClick and SpectroSERVER systems
Verify the known issues as mentioned in the Cause section.
If all looks good, run a sniffer trace on the SpectroSERVER and OneClick systems to ensure they are communicating properly.