When a requisition based on a project role is partly fulfilled, the team entry cannot be reused. This impacts Allocate from Estimates, as the
Steps to Reproduce
1. In PPM, create a project
2. Go to the team tab and add a role to the project (In this example, 'Architect')
3. Set default allocation for the role to 0 by clicking the properties icon next to the role and changing 'Default % Allocation' to 0%
4. Go to the Tasks tab, create a task and assign the role to the task
5. Assign ETC to the role assignment by clicking the properties icon next to the assignment and adding a value in the ETC field. (In this example, 50)
6. Navigate back to the Team tab of the project and execute "Allocate from Estimates" to set Allocation to 50
To do this:
Note: "Round Allocations to Nearest %" should be set to 0 in the Administration->Project Management->Settings
7. Create an open a requisition and staff a resource that has the same primary role:
8. Go back to the Task created in Step 4 and assign the original role (Architect) an ETC value of 10 hours on the Task assignment (so that it is less then what was assigned before)
9. Navigate back to the Team tab of the project and execute "Allocate from Estimates"
Expected Results: The Role's allocation hour should be set to 10 hours (obtained from ETC value)
Actual Results: 'Allocate from Estimates' has no effect and the Architect's allocation hours is still set to zero.
This issue is caused by CLRT-78981
This applies to CA PPM 14.2 and higher
After review of this issue, it has been determined this issue will not be fixed at this time.
Workaround: Edit the Team Member Planned Allocation segments and save (This can be done by clicking on the properties icon next to the Role on the Team tab). This creates a new curve and then the Allocate from Estimates works correctly.
Reference the Customer Reported Defect Resolution Policy for CA PPM