We have a mainframe started task (STC) that uses the Event Management cawtor command to send messages between our mainframe systems. The task has 4 steps that send messages to both our MAINFRAME and DISTRIBUTED platforms. The first 2 steps that are sending messages to the distributed platforms work very well, but the task remains "stuck" at the step where it is setup to send a message to another MAINFRAME system.
Here is a sample of the step that executes BPXBATCH to send a message using the cawtor command to a remote mainframe system named "sysb"
Here is a way to set up an AUTOREPLY to cawtor:
1) Log on to Event Management on the "sysb" mainframe system using the CA NSM Browser Interface. In the GUI, you will find a tree in the left panel called "Enterprise Management".
2) Expand the tree and click "Messages". In the right panel, click on the blank paper icon to create a new message record. A window titled "Message Record - Detail" will appear.
In "Message id", enter the text:
* Test inter machine NSM
The asterisk is the wildcard for the reply ID of the cawtor.
3) Click on the diskette icon to save the Message Record, which will now detect the cawtor message sent from the batch job.
4) In the "Message Record - Detail" window, click on the Actions tab. Then click "new". A new window "Message Record Action - Detail" appears.
Enter 1 for Sequence number. In "Text:", enter the text:
&1 <Your reply message>
Then in the drop down next to "Action:", select AUTORPLY.
5) Click the OK icon to save and close.
6) Click the OK button again in the Message Record window.
7) Finally, in the main Browser window, select Console Logs in the tree. In the Console Log window that appears, enter the following command on the bottom to reload the Event Management policies database:
After completing the above steps, AUTOREPLY will now respond to the cawtor on sysb.