This document describes the best practice for activating a SpectroWatch on only a select number of models in the Spectrum database using a Global Collection and Policy Manager.
Release: Any version of Spectrum
1. Create the SpectroWatch. In the Properties tab, do not check the "Active By Default" check box so the watch is inactive by default.
2. Create the Global Collection. The Global Collection can be populated by either a search or manually
3. Click on the Policy Manager folder in the Explorer tab of the Navigation panel. Then click on the List tab in the Contents panel.
4. In the Contents panel, click on the icon to create a new Policy:
5. Enter a Policy Name in the field provided and then click on the icon to create a new Rule:
6. Enter a Rule Name in the field provided and then click on the Browse button to select a Global Collection to associate:
7. Select the Global Collection from the "Does not apply to" section and move it over to the "Applies to" section. Then click the OK button.
8. In the Rule Settings section, click on he icon to select the SpectroWatch:
9. In the Configure Watch Setting screen:
a. Enter an name in the field provided
b. Set the value to Active
c. Click on the Model Type button and select the Model Type where the SpectroWatch was created
d. From the list of SpectroWatches, select the SpectroWatch you want to activate
e. Click on the OK button
10. The SpectroWatch should now appear in the Configure Rule screen. Click OK to save:
11. The Configure Policy screen should not show the Rule, SpectroWatch and Global Collection. Click the OK button to save and apply.
As a model of the same Model Type configured in the rule is added to the Global Collection, the SpectroWatch will automatically be activated. For those models of the same Model Type that are not a member of the Global Collection, the SpectroWatch will remain inactive.
Please reference "Policy Manager" section of the documentation for more information.