LDAP Users and UIM users may not be able to log into Admin Console but can log into Infrastructure Manager and UMP successfully.
A pop-up error is observed stating that the user does not have appropriate permissions to access the portlet, regardless of the ACL in use.
Downgrading only the admin console components to the prior version will resolve the issue without any loss in functionality.
1. Download the following .zip file: admin_console_downgrade_pack.zip
2. Unzip this file to find the following four packages:
3. Import all four of these packages to your UIM Archive. (They will not replace the existing packages.)
4. On the primary hub, deactivate and then delete the 'service_host' probe.
5. Deploy the four packages above to your primary hub, service_host first, and then the others in any order.
6. Activate the service_host probe once deployment has completed.
In mid-2016, we will be releasing an entirely new version of the Admin Console known as Admin Console 2 (AC2). This problem will also be resolved in AC2. The existing 8.4 Admin Console will not be fixed in the meantime, so the best solution is to downgrade these components temporarily until the release of AC2.