The foundational data, like Division, Company, Location, Cost Center and Contact information is not updating from CA Asset Portfolio Management (APM) to CA Software Asset Manager (SAM), and the ITAMEventService.log file displays the following error(s):
System.InvalidOperationException: There is an error in XML document (1, 424). ---> System.Xml.XmlException:
The maximum nametable character count quota (16384) has been exceeded while reading XML data.
CA Asset Portfolio Management 12.9 or 14.1, any patch level, integrated with any CA Software Asset Manager release level
1. Stop the CA Asset Portfolio Management - Event Service from services.
2. Edit the <ITAM root>\Event Service\ CA.Applications.EventService.exe.config file.
3. Locate the line that reads: maxNameTableCharCount="16384" and change the value so it reads: maxNameTableCharCount="2147483647"
4. Close and save the file.
5. Perform an IISRESET on the APM application server and APM web server.
6. Restart the event service. Wait about 15 minutes and then check the <ITAM root>\Event Service\ ITAMEventService.log to make sure it is error free.
Note: Check the <ITAM root>\CA\Import Driver\ImportDriver.exe.config file for the maxNameTableCharCount value.
Change it's value also to read: maxNameTableCharCount="2147483647" and perform an IISRESET.