The Enterprise Service Manager component cannot be backed up individually as of version 7.0 of the SecureSpan Gateway. To address this limitation, the following procedure has been created to allow an administrator to back up and restore an ESM instance to a new virtual appliance
NOTE: Some steps may need to be modified to match your environment configuration.
1. Log into the Gateway as the ssgconfig user.
2. Select Option 2: Display Layer 7 Gateway configuration menu.
3. Delete the Layer 7 Gateway node and database.
4. Select Option X: Exit menu.
1. Select Option 7: Display Enterprise Service Manager configuration menu.
2. Select Option 2: Enable the Enterprise Service Manager
3. Follow the remaining prompts.
Depending on the environment and the contents of the backup image being restored, there may be additional configuration items that must be addressed such as the network configuration of the appliance.