I have many workstation models and wish to monitor all of the c drives, d drives etc but I do not want to have to create a file monitor on each individual model. Is there a way this can be done in bulk?
Release: All Supported Releases
Component: SPCCSS - SpectroSERVER Core
This can be done using a "Monitoring Rule Set". To create a basic "Monitoring Rule Set" to monitor the C: drive on a Windows system:
1. Log into OneClick as a user that has privileges to create File System Monitors
2. Click on the Locator tab and run the "All Monitoring Rules" search.
3. Click on the "Create a New Rule Set by Type" icon and select RFC2790 from the list
4. Enter a name for the rule in the "Rule Set Name" field and click the OK button
5. Select the new Rule Set from the list and click on the Information tab in the Component Detail panel
6. Expand the "File System Monitoring Rules" subview and click on the Add button
7. Enter the name of the file system to monitor in the "File System Name" field. Configure how you wish to monitor the file system. Then click the OK button
8. Create a Global Collection to collect the Windows models you wish to monitor the file system configured in the monitor previously. The Global Collection can be populated manually (static) or with a search (dynamic)
9. Rerun the Locator "All Monitoring Rules" search again if needed and select the rule from the list. Then click on the "Applies/removes global collection(s) to/from the selected rule set" icon
10. Select the Global Collection(s) you wish to apply the rule to and move them to the "Applied To" column and click the OK button
11. Select the rule from the list and click on the Information tab. Expand the "Applied Global Collections List" subview and you should see the Global Collections this rule is applied to
12. Go to the Global Collection where the rule was applied. Select one of the models. Click on the Information tab. Expand the System Resources -> File Systems -> Monitored File Systems (RFC 2790) subview. You should see the rule has been applied. All models currently in and any models added to the Global Collection will automatically inherit the rule.
Please reference the "Working with Monitoring Rule Sets" section of the documentation for more information.