Meaning of various “Reason” codes in “All Transactions” report.
What are the different “Reason” codes that can be seen in an “All Transactions” report and what do they mean.
CA Transaction Manager Access Control Server (ACS) Software
Please find the below list of “Reason” code with their generic meaning:
- Abandoned: Cardholder abandoned the transaction before completion.
- Authentication Failed: Cardholder Failed Authentication.
- Cancelled: Cardholder cancelled the transaction before completion.
- AutoEnroll: A Cardholder (card) who has not had a fully authenticated transactions on 3D-SECURE system.
- Regular: A Cardholder (card) who has had at least one successful transaction on 3D-SECURE system.
- PAREQ_CALLOUT_PARES_A: This is an attempts transaction and no additional authentication was required. PARes of A was posted to term URL.
- PAREQ_CALLOUT_PARES_N: Cardholder Failed Authentication and a PARes of N was posted.
- PAREQ_CALLOUT_PARES_Y: Cardholder was able to successfully authenticate and a PARes of Y was posted.
- VIA_CALLOUT_PARES_A: This is an attempts transaction and there was no requirement to post issuer questions. A PARes of A was posted to term URL.
- VIA_CALLOUT_PARES_N: Card holder entered incorrect answers to issuer questions and could not authenticate successfully. PARes of N was posted to term URL.
- VIA_CALLOUT_PARES_Y: Card holder authenticated successfully by entering issuer question answers. PARes of Y was posted to term URL.
- CH_TIMEOUT: The user might have tried to perform the transaction after a couple of hours after doing the first stage of the transaction.
- CH_VENOTFOUND: Card Holder not enrolled under 3D-Secure. Also seen in cases of replay transactions.
- FYP_CALLOUT_PARES_U: PARes of U is due to unavailability of system, or the request timing out while connecting to the backend. For the FYP_CALLOUT_PARES_U, the same reason is applicable for the transaction type "Forgot Your Password" (FYP).
- NO_VIA_CALLOUT: VIA Callout is required but is not configured. For example, If you want to enroll secondary cardholder, the VIA Callout is mandatory.
- PAREQ_VALIDATION_FAILED: PAReq does not conform to the 3D-SECURE specifications.
- PAREQ_CALLOUT_ABORT: The connection to backend was aborted due to unavailability of system, or the request timing out while connecting to the backend.
- PAREQ_CALLOUT_PARES_U: This can be due to unavailability of system, or the request timing out while connecting to the backend.
- PAREQ_CALLOUT_U: We did not receive a response from the backend for the request.
- PAREQ_MATCH_FAILED: PAReq did not match/have corresponding VEReq.
- VP_CALLOUT_PARES_U: This can be due to unavailability of system, or the request timing out while connecting to the backend to verify the password.
- VP_CALLOUT_U: We did not receive a response from the backend for the request.
- VBV AEVV_GEN_ERROR: In general an AEVV generation failure involves a problem accessing the AEVV key in the HSM or a problem getting the HSM to do the calculation.
Please note that CA Transaction Manager ACS software is a completely customizable product. So there might be few other “Reason” codes that may be printed in an “All Transactions” report that you are viewing. For details in regards to such transactions, please reach out to the product support team at CA.