Not receiving BGP alerts after enabling BGP Peer Session monitoring in the VNM model.
Component: SPCCSS - SpectroSERVER Core
This can happen if the polling interval is not set on the BGP Application Model.
1. Run a Locater search for Application Models, filtering on the BGP4_App for the device:
2. Under Component Detail for the BG4_App, click on the Attributes tab.
3. Search for the Polling_Interval.
4. Set the Polling_Interval from 0 to 120 (or some other positive value).
After this change, you should start seeing expected BGP alerts.
Each Landscape has a VNM Model associated with it where you can find most of the control settings for the SpectroSERVER.
If you Select the Universe you can find it easily from the list view:
To verify that BGP alerts will be sent, make sure that Spectrum has the BGPapp models:
• Check if the CiscoBGP4app model is created for the device
• If the BGP peer is in different VRFs, verify that the CiscoVRFContextApp model is created for the device
• Check if the attribute polling_interval on the ciscoBGP4 app model is set to no zero value
• If vrf contexts are configured on device after modeling it in spectrum then CiscoVRFContextApp model will not be there. You may need to perform "reconfigure model" manually on that model to create CiscoVRFContextApp app model.