When a user updates a custom field on the CI detail window, the audit logging is displaying in the 'Versioning tab' for all the out of the box fields, but it doesn't capture the logging for the custom field created by the user. This document describes how to turn on such logging in CMDB.
- Open WSP
- Start the Web Schema Designer Tool
- Select the "net_brix object"
- Select the custom attribute
- Clicked on the advanced tab
Add the word +AUDITLOG() to the Site Defined UI_INFO field
NOTE: This attribute is for auditing and is required for versioning to work in CA CMDB.
- Save and Publish the schema.
- Close and exit WSP
- Shutdown CA CMDB Services/ServiceDesk services
- Run a pdm_publish for the change to take affect.