We experience poor browsing performance in the DSM Explorer under 'Computers and Users' section.
Browsing any folder ends up in waiting for at least 30-60 seconds until a result is displayed.
Client Automation - All Versions
This could be due to several causes; there are some of possibilities:
1. Low bandwidth between the DSM Explorer and the MDB (If the MDB is on a remote machine).
2. System (very) busy with other installed applications or CAF components (like System Engine).
4. Problems with CAM communication (proxy enable).
5. Poor hardware (slow and few processors, little memory, slow NIC).
6. Some large queries executing on this Manager could causing several damage on the performance.
Solutions to address those causes above listed.
1. Low bandwidth between the DSM Explorer and the MDB (If the MDB is on a remote machine)
2. System (very) busy with other installed applications or CAF components (like System Engine)
Deleting this file using the procedure below will clear out the CAM cache and routing information:
5. Poor hardware (slow and few processors, little memory, slow NIC)
A. Open the SQL Management Studio to execute the following query:
The query above check for queries that are very long or have a lot of conditional statements (and or, etc)
B. Once you verify if you have "bad" queries you can get the "name" of through the following query.
SELECT * FROM CA_QUERY_DEF WHERE QUERY_UUID=SPECIFIC-UUID-FROM-ABOVE
NOTE: Replace the "SPECIFIC-UUID-FROM-ABOVE" for the UUID value taked from the query result.
C. You can then check in dsm explorer and see if do you is using the query and if not delete it or modify it to make it a smaller query.
D. You can delete it by running this query as well