After upgrading my CA PPM Microsoft Project (MSP) Interface, receive a Compile error when opening projects is MSP. You may see several different Compile errors noted below:
Steps to Reproduce:
Expected Result: Project opens successfully in MSP
Actual Result: One of the following error appears in MSP: Compile error: Ambiguous name detected: ReadValue Open, Compile error: Ambiguous name detected: CA_VBA_IS_CUSTOMIZED, Compile error: Method or data member not found, Compile error: Variable not defined and the project does not open.
This typically is caused by the Visual Basic modules not being upgraded successfully
Applies to all supported PAS environments for specified releases.
1. In MSP:
• Go to View > Macros > Visual Basic
• Expand ProjectGlobal then Expand Modules
• Delete or "unhook" the modules that start with either CA_ and Niku_
• Expand Microsoft Project Objects, Double-click on Thisproject
• Select everything in the right panel and delete it
• Save and exit Visual Basis
2. Go to View > Macros > Macro Security and change Macro Settings to 'Enable all macros' (This can cause issues during the install)
3. Go to your Control Panel->Programs and Features and uninstall the CA Clarity Addin (Leave CA PPM Schedule Connect and CA PPM Microsoft Project Interface installed)
4. Navigate to the following folder directory: CA\PPM\CA PPM MSPInterface\addin and double click setup.exe to run through the install process for the Addin