Cannot export a report to an EXCEL spreadsheet with Windows 10 and Web Viewer 12.1
Article ID: 4148
Output Management Web Viewer
In testing CA Output Management Web Viewer 12.1 with Windows 10, I have come across an issue when sending a report to a Excel Spreadsheet. When the report is opened it doesn't look like a report.
Microsoft Windows 10
By default Microsoft Windows 10 opens an app to read the Excel file (which is an .xml file).
To resolve the problem with export you must Associate a file type with an .xml file:
- Right click on the start button and choose Control Panel
- Click on the Default Programs option
- Click on the Associate a file type or protocol with a program
- Scroll down and click on the xmll line to highlight it
- Click on the Change Program button
- Select the Office XML Handler option and then click Ok.