You receive a message stating that the authentication information was incorrect when attempting to access a device through NCM.
SPC-NCM-20007: Capture Running Script Returned Error : Login Error: Use of uninitialized value in concatenation (.) or string at C:\Windows\TEMP\script_24 line 110.
If there has been a hardware change between two devices that previously had established an SSH connection, the SSH key becomes invalid and needs to be updated to reflect the new hardware.
NCM connection to devices via SSH
The SSH keys are stored in the .ssh directory. This directory is hidden and located in the root folder of the Spectrum Install user.
1. Access Command Prompt on the SpectroSERVER
2. Login to the bash shell using ‘bash –login’
3. Change home directory of the user that Spectrum was installed with
4. Change to the .ssh directory
5. Edit the known_hosts file
6. Search for the device name or IP address with the ‘wrong’ key
7. Delete that key from the file
8. Establish an SSH session to the device that the ‘wrong’ key was associated with
9. You will see a message asking if you’d like to save the key for this device
10. Answer yes to the prompt; then that key will be saved in the known_hosts file for that device
NOTE: There may also be a .ssh file located in $SPECROOT/NT-Tools/SRE/.ssh